our journey

This blog is like a diary or journal of our journey through the murky waters of having a stroke. To be able to understand the story you should start on the first post and go from there.

Thursday 15 January 2015

Monday, Tuesday November 21st, 22nd


My Side:

I remember arriving at emerg with my nurse, but time has kind of stopped at that point.  I spent most of Monday waiting for tests and I sort of remember emailing from a nurses laptop, only because I still have those emails, which I have decide to share...



  • Nov 22, 2011
To
·         PhilMcCoy
found computor in lounge area sadly no mags or books.  seen doc he said he looked at my scans quickly last night but he is going to have the radiologists look at them closer but he didnt see what he thought he would see that clot down the center of my head.  so he ordered more tests i think he said mri and mra.  I miss you guys i wish i wasnt here.  Have no clothes, brush, toothbrush no money to buy anything to read.  been sleeping alot I hope you are too I dont want to worry that your not sleeping then you get sick.  How are the boys tell them i love them.  hows Karolin doing tell her i said hi.  reason im emailing is because none of the phones dial out long distance have to get nurse to do it.  only one computer here so dont know when ill get access.  if your on now email now before i go back for breakfast.
love you miss you xoxo

From: Phil McCoy <philmccoy@pronorth.com>
To: "'dardoo2003@yahoo.ca'" <dardoo2003@yahoo.ca> 
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:21:26 AM
Subject: Re: hiiiiiiiii
I love u sooooo much , everyone fine just worried, will call hospital and find out if I could ride back with u if I get there.hoew can I get money to u ? I can't sleep yet. Find out if u can how long they intend to keep u so we do not end up with u here and me there.I miss u so much, call me if u can

  •  
  • Nov 22, 2011
·         Phil McCoy
dont come yet they are very strict with visiting hours i am in the trauma/neurology clinic.  dont want you to send anything ill find something to do.  you have to get some sleep please do it for me.  i think im doing the tests today and if they let me out i have to find my own way home but if they send me back to the hospital i will probably fly there.  what did everyone say when you told them i had to fly.  laugh their heads off. so maybe you could try to figure that out for me.  i need pants, underware, bra coat hairbrush toothbrush to go home with .  again i donet now when that will be.  but if you can come down with a truck for the day and be able to go back that night my room number is 946 on the 9th floor love you get sleep

  • Nov 22, 2011
To
·         Phil McCoy

i would know more after the tests today so im going to go back to my room in case they come looking for me and ill email you when i know more hopefully by supper i should know

see ya love ya say hi to everyone

Subject: Re: hey  
ya but i havent had the rest of my test done yet still waitning for the mri

From: Phil McCoy <philmccoy@pronorth.com>
To: "'dardoo2003@yahoo.ca'" <dardoo2003@yahoo.ca> 
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:14:22 PM
Subject: Re: hey
Ill be there around 8 actually will have a big coffee , if u are unable to fly home I have arranged for u to bus , do you want your coat brought down just in case
From: Darlene McCoy [mailto:dardoo2003@yahoo.ca] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 06:11 PM
To: Phil McCoy 

  • Nov 23, 2011
To
·         Phil McCoy
well cant hog the comp it just came back on when i got on it going to check avon make sure everything went thru then give to someone else (the comp that is)  love you cant wait to see you t omorrow say hi to the boys tell them i love them

The last email was on the 23rd and that's it, I don't remembe anything else.


Phil's side:

At first the tests kept you busy but the MRI that you needed to assess your condition did not appear to be coming any time soon because there had been a flood in the department and it was shut down.  You were given a long distance code that you could use to call home.  You called me and told me they would not supply you with underwear so I packed your stuff and headed down.

My Side:

It is kind of eery looking at these emails, simply because I don't remember anything of Wednesday, or the doctor talking to me or you getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment