our journey

This blog is like a diary or journal of our journey through the murky waters of having a stroke. To be able to understand the story you should start on the first post and go from there.

Monday 2 February 2015

Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Where are You!!!"

you called me on my cel at 7:20 am and yelled that "they" were trying to take you away; that men were watching you and trying to touch you; that you were being put in the basement.  You had to leave.  You said " come and get me".  I told you that you needed to stay and get well.  "I will leave without you then, As soon as no one is looking I am out of here!"

I knew that you could not do that, but it was like talking to another person.  "Are you trying to sell the house, is that it?  Why won't you come?" you yelled.  "Come and get me, or I will go live elsewhere."
the nurses came and as they slowly calmed you I listened and worried.  Work was hell that day.  I called the desk and they assured me that you hadn't been moved, that you were just confused.

I was so scared for you that that day I decided to find your mom no matter what, I tried everything and got lucky.  As soon as she found out where you were she was on her way.  I also got hold of my cousin Lisa and she offered to visit you on Sunday.

The fact that you would wake up for the next few days knowing someone who loved you was there, meant the world to me.  I knew you were confused and afraid.  The nurses confirmed to me you were not being moved; that you were still in your bed, so I needed to have people with you.

I found out the reason you hadn't had the MRI was that the basement had a flood and they had to shut down the MRI.  I spent the week with you and watched.


No comments:

Post a Comment